It is just as important to set the right tone of your day in the morning as it is to end the day with a restful soul.
It not only helps you have better sleep at night but also shapes your life positively.
Whether you had a good day or bad day today, reflect on your day and your dominant thoughts.
To do that, you need to calm your mind and relax your body.
At the end of the day, your mind and body need this time of pause and a moment of peace and calmness. With that, you can shape your thoughts and help create the future you want.
Whether you are constantly in sync with yourself or a virgin when it comes to relaxation, Yoga at night time in particular can help you relax your body, calm your mind and release stress.
It is also proven to reduce fatigue and boost energy which you need plenty of in the morning.
Perform these 5 yoga poses in sequence or independently for 30 to 60 seconds each to stretch your muscles, relax your body and calm your mind to reflect.
Take deep breathes as you perform each pose. It increases oxygen intake which can relax your body.
5 Nighttime Yoga Poses for better sleep
1. Staff Pose – Legs up (Dandasana): this pose is one of the most restorative staff pose variations. By having your feet up, it encourages your blood circulation from your feet to your head and soothes your nervous system.
This inverted pose also takes pressure off of your organs and reduces nausea and anxiety. It’s also great for swollen legs and feet.
2. Knee to Chest Pose (Apanasana): This poses stretches your hips and lower back and helps alleviate back pain.
It also works to ease digestive problems which of course translates to purification and elimination of mental and physical toxins.
3. Seated Forward Bend Pose (Paschimottanasana): This pose stretches your hamstrings, spine and lower back. It also calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety.
This is a basic pose, yet how far you can bend depends on your flexibility. Know your limit and work your body to bend to wherever your body feels comfortable.
4. Marichi Pose (Marichyasana): Marichi Pose often also called Sage’s Pose stretches the hips, hamstrings and shoulders.
It benefits your digestive system. Use of a band is helpful if your hands can’t meet in the back.
5. Child Pose (Balasana): This is a resting pose and one of the most calming poses.
This pose helps alleviate knee, back, shoulder, and neck pain and provides mental and emotional relief when done with an open mind. It also relaxes your spine which relieves tension and calms the mind.
Take 5 minutes before going to bed to calm your mind, relax your body, and prep yourself for better sleep.
This article was originally published on Fitwirr. You can view the post, here.